“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller
Teamwork teaches children effective communication and improves their social skills while increasing their decision-making capacity. Teachers find it hard when the students are in constant conflict with others and it gets difficult for them to work in a team. Therefore, at The Heritage School – North Campus, listed as the best school in Dehradun, we believe that we need to inculcate the importance of teamwork in students’ lives at an initial stage.
Here are a few pointers in order to help children learn how to work in a team:
• You need to brief the students about the importance of communication. When a message is perceived in an appropriate way many conflicts can be avoided.
• You can make them play games that teach teamwork.
• Encourage sharing among children. From tiffins to stationery, tell them that sharing stuff instills a sense of togetherness and care.
• Bring up projects that require a group of 5 to 6 students. Assign tasks to each one of them and mention what role they have to play.
• Teachers can plan birthday surprises along with other students. This will encourage them to share each other's happiness.
• Sports also help children work in teams. From basketball to football each student gets to play an important part of the game.
• Art brings people together. This is applicable to young children as well.
• Instead of thinking in terms of I and ME, use WE and US.
• When children show positive signs while working in a team, encourage them. Tell them that you are proud of them.
• Make sure the children hold responsibility when they fail to do something while working in a team.
• Talk about the long term goals. Focus on the past achievements so that it would help them build a vision as to what they have to achieve.
• Allow children to propose their opinions.
As one of the top 10 CBSE schools in Dehradun, we are sure that these tips will certainly prove to be fruitful in developing the student’s morale.